Friday, March 30, 2007

Nashville '07...hold onto your hats!!

Nashville through pictures :)

The Bus Ride!


My dear friend, bus partner and fellow Euro (he's from London), Will Knox, finding himself very at home in TN!

Warner Brother Time, where we were based for the duration of the trip.

Sessions with Gillian Welsh and David Rawling (if you don't know them, they are amazing, look up their music!)...


...Janis Ian (while talking to her after the session, I poured a cup of cold coffee over my arm! I swear only I could do these things. "Hi, I love your music so much *pour*")

...Berklee does the Grand Ole Opry. We presented Loretta Lynn with an honourary Doctorate live on stage.

...Gretchen Wilson, who came to do a session later in the week

...Best live music ever...the guy in the front is a Berklee Alumni, Charlie Worsham, my friend, woohoo! The Station Inn is the place to go for live Bluegrass that just makes you want to get up and dance. It is the closest to 'home' I have felt since moving to America...suppose it's not that suprising considereing that Bluegrass is Irish trads. younger sibling :) yeay family!

So much fun, so much good music, lovely weather and a homely community, makes your heart feel light...




And lastly, but by no means least, the famous (or now maybe infamous) cowboy boot...(drumroll, please)...

4 comments:

Natalie said...

What fun!

Your boots are great - authentic and to die for!

Anonymous said...

They look like the real deal to me...
-sockret

Anonymous said...

Well yee-haw!! Love em! I'm sure they look fabulous on :)

xo

P.S. Did you get my Myspace question thingy? I need help little mama :P

meg said...

your trip looks like such fun.

fabulous boots!