Thursday, March 15, 2007

Nashville, Here I Come!

Well today I leave for Nashville, handing my Spring Break back over to my school and going to learn about the music industry there, meet amazing musicians, songwriters, engineers, producers and generally have a rockin', if tiring, time! It's not how I imagine spending what little down-time I have, but I am really looking forward to it. Surprisingly one of the most attractive parts of it is the 20 hour busride down with all my friends. Enforced sitting, music-listening, reading and knitting sounds like bliss right now.

I will have my laptop with me but am not sure how much time I will have to blog, so if I am a little absent this week please forgive me. I will however be around for emailing and commenting so I'm sure you'll see me about. I promise to take lots of pictures of Pari 'doin'-the-south'. Should be hilarious. St. Paddy's day in Tennesse...should be an experience :) I have a funny feeling I am definitely not in Kansas (a.k.a. Ireland...or surrogate Ireland called Boston!) anymore Toto!

I hope you all have a truly 'Irish' Paddy's day (f.y.i. I have heard it referred to as Patty's day...em, NO! His name was Patrick, shortened to Paddy...Patty is Marge's sister off the Simpsons, not a Saint). I want to hear all the goss when I get back :) and find out how long it took you to get over the hangover!

Have a lovely week everybody.

5 comments:

meg said...

have a safe fun trip.

happy st. paddy!

Anonymous said...

With your permission I would like to excerpt from your post on "The Magic of March" on my blog Baha'i Views and link.

Emily said...

Can't wait to hear what you think about Nashville! Not that it's really like Knoxville- maybe sometime you'll make there- it's gorgeous! Still TN- I've got state pride.
Hope you had a good St. Padddddy's Day (oops!)! Sadly no hangover here, though I did do a truly repellent shot at a friend's house that involved Midori and Malibu and juice- I'm so NOT a sweet drinks girl.
Looking forward to the trip report!

Unknown said...

Safe traveling to you! There should be a little something special waiting for you when you return :)

GI said...

Tank you for the nice little box of St. Paddy day goodies!!!