Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Monkey News Update


Here is a top I got from Urban Outfitters for $3...yes, that is correct, $3! I was proud of myself in the following ways -
1) I could have bought more than one top, but I didn't.
2) I could have bought it full price earlier in the week but decided not to and was duly rewarded later that week.
3) I bought something blue. I don't ever wear blue really because I don't think I suit it but I branched out, I think it looks great and it is the perfect Project Spectrum top for this month ;)


Next I give you the Ireland colours, though not in correct order. (this photo is shared for absolutely no reason whatsoever!)


This is a photo of the snowstorm in Boston last week and how beautiful this city can look when it snows. This week however has been gorgeous Spring weather, warm and breezy, and altogether climatically confusing, if that is even a phrase.


And lastly, some real news actually, a sad goodbye to a challenge that just wasn't going to work out. This is as far as I got with Pomatopmus before ripping them out a couple of days ago. They weren't going anywhere fast and I just wasn't happy with them so it was time for us to part ways, until I get a bit better at reading knitting charts.


The detail was gorgeous though and I will definitely be attempting this pattern again but I think I need to do it during a holiday when I have no other knitting to do. The Christmas knitting really killed it for me and once I lose my flow with something it takes a lot for me to get back into it. Speaking of getting back into things, I am having severe second-itis. I have one glove finished, one wristwarmer finished and one lace sock finished (for poor Ma who has been waiting forever!), the seconds are all cast-on and started but I have ground to a halt with all of them. And to make matters worse I haven't finished my shrug yet and I have cast on those Clessidra socks from the new Knitty that I want to knit but with a different cable down the back. That is going to be my project to take to Nashville with me and the 20 hour busride there so it will definitely get done, but the other poor souls languishing on my desk, beneath mounds of stuff, are not so lucky. I will get them done but I need to sort out all my knitting stuff. It is living in boxes and bags and driving me nuts. I don't work well when things get too disorganised. Oh well. I can't wait to have a pair of socks to wear thought that are all mine. I want to create something for myself.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh no!! *sniffle sniffle* Good bye Pomatomus socks...I hate it when I come to the conclusion that I need to frog something I've been working on...are you a bit of a perfectionist as well? :)

Wanted to send you a note on the progress of the dishcloth swap- I received what I was waiting for in the mail yesterday...but they sent the wrong item!! arrrggg!!! sooooo, I'm sending it back hoping to get the correct item. Your package is simply not complete without it. Sorry for the hold-up. It will be worth the wait-promise! xo

Anonymous said...

that be the funkiest looking irish colours i ever did see but A for effort!(: as for that top it is indeed very cool , very blue, very spotty and most of all VERY YOU!