Friday, March 02, 2007

Secret Pal 10 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I adore natural fibers (suprise, suprise!), though to be honest I will knit with just about anything so long as it's not novalty yarn. I have been using lots of blends recently, mainly for the handy machine washable possiblity.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a lovely circular needles case and my straights live in my flower vase when there are no flowers in it.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learned to knit from my Ma when I was 3/4 years old and knitted on and off during my childhood. I really got into it again however, during my first year of college. I would consider myself a intermediate to advanced knitter

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Nope.

5. What's your favorite scent?
I love lavender, ylang-ylang and jasmine. Don't like super strong scents, sensitive wee nose, and synthetic scents.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I loooooooove dark chocolate! I am also a huge fane of jellys (not sure what they call them in America), wine gums and Haribo. Basically anything sweet is good!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I really want to learn how to spin, it is my goal for the year. I also crochet and sew.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I can play all music formats. As a music student I am open to all genres of music and love hearing new things and discovering new styles. Please feel free to make me a mix of YOUR favourite songs and artists, so I can hear something different than my same old itunes collection and learn a little about you too :)

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love bold, bright and deep colours. Basically any colour so long as it is NOT pastels. I am particularly partial to greens, green-blues and deep purples.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I come from a big family (I'm the eldest of 4) but am currently at college so it is just me and the flatmate. I don't have any pets but I love cats and hope to have one in the not-too-distant future.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, yes, yes and only if it doesn't make me look like a house.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I love to knit socks, jumpers (sweaters)...em, basically anything actually so long as it's knitted :)

13. What are you knitting right now?
I am currently working on 2 pairs of socks, a pair of gloves, a shrug for Spring and a pair of wristwarmers. I don't usually have so many projects on the go at once, I hate having unfinished things, but I got a little too ambitious over Presidents Day weekend and started loads of things, as well as the projects I had going on.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
I love handmade gifts. I believe that they are the most thoughtful and heartfelt gifts you can give.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I like bamboo or wood needles but the student budget doesn't stretch to them right now. I work with both straights and circulars.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Nope, neither. Definitely in need of a winder though.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Em, socks for my Mother that were meant to be for Christmas but still aren't finished. Also the second wristwarmer...I am having severe second-itis.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
I love the Baha'i New Year, which is the 21st March (it's also the Spring Equinox). It is called Naw-Ruz and is a time of partying and gift giving in the Baha'i community. I will be posting more information on it in my blog soon if you want to learn more, or feel free to ask me questions.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
I love things to do with fairies (my name means fairy/angel in Persian). I like cats, as I mentioned before, and I am a jewellery fiend, particularly earrings......mmmmmmhhh jewellery-lcious! Oh and being Irish, I love tea and anything to do with tea!

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I don't have any subscriptions. I really like Rowan books and magazines, particularly the Big knits series and the new Felting book that looks brilliant. I don't know that much about what's out there so being introduced to something new that you recommend would be great. I have always wanted a pair of those sock blockers, think they look great and v. practical.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I really want to learn how to spin. I would also like to learn how to dye my own yarn. And knitting socks on 2 circular needles...looks like magic to me!

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I am, I love socks! I have a ladies size 7/8 US and a size 5 UK. Don't remember what that is European (oh dear, I have been away from home too long :P )

23. When is your birthday?
9th June, 1985

Please feel free to ask me ANYTHING else you like!

No comments: