Sunday, April 01, 2007

FOs, UFOs, Flying Saucers and Little Men from Mars!

What a week!! I am so completely and utterly wiped it is not funny. School is stressing me out and I am not handling it well at all. I know I seem to complain about it a lot here, but I should say that I have been depressed for some time now and have been seeking help for it. Things, between here and home, have been pretty rough recently but I am working through it and, whether things change or not, I am determined that my state of mind will. So there! :) Thank God for KNITTING! And really supportive and understanding DBs! Don't know where I would be without that boy, he brightens my day no end.

I did have lots of lovely suprises waiting for me when I got back from Nashville. Firstly, I received my only Naw-Ruz card of the year from my amazing Secret Pal, who wasted no time in also sending me my first parcel. Such a thoughtful person. Enclosed was a bag of dark chocolates (no photo of them, sorry, but they vanished all of a sudden...fairies me thinks!) and some handmade, personalised cards and envelopes. How amazing is that? She designed and crafted the cards herself and then personalised the envelopes with my address as sender. Look she even made half of them with a fairy motif on them...how well does she know me :)


A few days later and what did I receive but an aaaaaaaamazing parcel from Brooke, for our washcloth swap. In it was herbal tea, chocolates (including a chocolate frog, didn't even know they made them...I got a Snape card in it), a knitting magazine, a ball of Sugar n' Cream cotton, a card from herself and a Harry Potter postcard from Eli. It even came in a box with sheep prints all over it, heehee!



AND, the best bit, my very own washcloth crafted by herself! So beautiful that it lives in my bathroom, I couldn't bring myself to use it as a dishcloth, it was too pretty. It deserves a life of bubble baths and facials.


On the FO front, I finally finished my wristwarmers I had been working on for ages. I love them so much already and they are so much fun to wear. I am also pretty proud of myself that the pattern was my own, nothing particularly crazy, but still my first creative venture in knitting.


I am still working on a slew of other things, including Clessidra socks that I started in Nashville. Also my little shrug, that I whip out when things get too much for me and I just need some stocking stitch pronto! My mothers socks have not progressed in the slightest. That woman is so patient with me. Another highly patient person is my dear Sockret Pal, Michelle, who's socks I am finishing right now and then posting tomorrow morning (you are so good to me, Michelle!) But I am happy and knitting is good!

3 comments:

Emily said...

So there! Go Knatty! You'll sort this emotion stuff out, there isn't a doubt in my mind. And Hallelujah for kind, patient men! It helps so much, doesn't it, when you're on Toad's Wild Ride of Emotion? (Ask me how I know ;-0.)
Glad to get the updates. Loved the lovely arm warmers- they are just gorgeous. And gifts in the mail! You're right about Brooke's dishcloth, I couldn't use it either :-).
Sending lots of good, uplifting thoughts your way, you wild Irish thing!

Anonymous said...

Hello, there pretty girl! I'm sorry to hear you're feeling blue. We all go there now and then- know you are not alone and I'm sending big hugs your way, just face South, open your arms and catch them! :)

Love your wristwarmers! Isn't it the coolest feeling designing something on your own?! Pattern available? Hmm? *grin* Not that you need anymore on your plate :)

I forgot to tell you the name of the pattern of the dishcloth. It's called Baby Fern, and for some reason, it struck a chord with me as fitting for you somehow. Not that I view you as a small plant, lol, I think it is because I see you as earthy and grounded, poetic, yet still making your spot for yourself in the world, coming up. It's the potential, I think, all the things you have to look forward to yet :)

I'm going to stick that book in the mail for you, it's aired out a bit. It's the one I was going to include initially, but smelled like smoke. I think you'll enjoy it. It's a quick read, and maybe it will help take your mind off of things for a little bit.

OK, we're off to a potluck lunch and egg hunt for the wee one...he sends hugs your way too!

xo

Ann said...

The wrist warmers are lovely! Great job!
Know that there are many of us out here (or should I say down here?) cheering you on. Things can get hard, but as my mentor teacher used to remind me, "this, too, shall pass."
Having support around is a big help.
Do as Brooke suggests and face the South to get yourself a wave of positive energies aimed at you!