Sunday, December 03, 2006

Monkey News

What a week...this is the 3rd time I have tried to blog this weekend and if it doesn't work this time I might go freakin' barmey!!! My interent is acting up and losing connection just as I am about to save what I've written! Crazy-making!

Have had such a busy week. My DB left on Wednesday after the best 10 days with him, it was so good. He took me to see the Nutcracker ballet at the Boston Opera House and he bought me a little overpriced nutcracker decoration to put on my tree after the performance...such a sweetie! He had known I'd never been to the ballet before and wanted to go and suprised me with the tickets. We went ice skating with our mates at the Frog Pond in Boston Common. Again it was my first time ice skating and I was so scared. Fell 3 times, once because some little brat on the ice pushed me over when I asked him how he was doing! I was just trying to be nice and say hi...grrr! I don't think I'll be going to the winter olympics anytime soon either way so...

Missing DB lots and lots but am conforted by the fact that I'll be home in less than 3 weeks. Boy how the time flies. This semester has felt so so fast, and I still have so much to. Did so many recording sessions this week, I am wrecked, 2 of which happened from 2am-6am on consecutive days. Only just back to a normal sleeping routine now. But even in the midst of all this work I still find ways to waste loads of time, including joining a mystery dishcloth KAL that Em had recommended to me (thanks Em!!). But I have justified it by telling myself I can give them away as Crimbo (British Isles slang for Christmas) gifts.

As well as the dishcloth knitting, made possible by Brooke and her kind gift of cotton, I finished the toe-up knit socks I was working on and love them. Perfect for keeping my feet warm and cosy on the flight home.


Most exciting this week though was receiving my parcel from Brooke's etsy store, White Willow, and it was amazing. She is so sweet and amazing and an absolute genius when it comes to creating colourways. Are these not gorgeous colourways??

One is a lushious berry yarn, with purples, pinks and corals, and the other is a yule yarn which made me feel festive just looking at it. I was so excited that I had to knit alittle gauge of the yule yarn and felt so Christmassy doing it. They are so nice I'm nearly afraid to start knitting with them. I don't know what to make. And the stitchmarkers are the prettiest needle jewellery I have ever seen. Might be hard to see in the photo but they have little gold butterflies on them and swarovski crystals...beautiful! She also included a little bag of lavender to scent the yarn and a lovely card. Thank you Brooke, you are the fab-est!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I love your toe-up socks! I have yet to try that method. I think I'm about due :) The picture of your DB with stickers all over his face cracked me up!! It was a nice laugh for morning coffee/catch up on the computer time!

I'm so happy you love your yarn :) I'd love to see the swatch of it- pretty please? With sugar on top? *grin*

I get to play with the colors, but rarely get to see what becomes of them :( That makes for a sad yarn mommie. haha!!

Anonymous said...

id just like to point out that being born with stickers all over your face is no laughing matter and im sure is a very sensitive subject with good old DB!(-: also might i add what a gorgeous pair of legs you made there attached to those stripey socks, a true piece of art! good work knattyknitter!

meg said...

Brooke is the best. I got some in the mail this weekend and I'll be posting it soon.

Love the pic of DB, clearly you two have such fun together.

I'm becoming a lover of all things tea, too. I still adore my coffee but tea is pulling in a close second. Who knows maybe I'll cross over one of these days - so many great choices to chose from.