Monday, December 18, 2006

8 Patterns and Photos Ph-inally!

Hello, hello. How are we all this evening? Today has been spent, no joke, in a coffee shop with 6 other friends doing nothing but studying and finals projects. My brain is starting to cramp up and I've hardly made a dent in the work load, but now seemed as good a time as any to blog. AAAnnnd if you look down at the bottom you will see my pics from 2 blogs ago that refused to upload. Oh man todays blog is challenging. One, I dont yet know who to make links (though I have made some very nice lists on my border, have you noticed?) and two, there is a slew of things I would love to make from Knitty and only 7 that can be posted. Well without further ado, let the selecting begin...

*8...Calorimetry. For all my big, curly hair!

*7...Cathode. I have made this, I even adjusted the pattern for a different gauge yarn and my own uniquely shaped (aka crazy-shaped) body and THEN felted it by accident when washing it and have never got round to knitting it again. I freakin loved that jumper...I'm an eejit!

*6...Pomotomus. Yeah, so I am knitting this but have stalled hardcore just near the toe of the first sock. But I shall succeed. I still think there is an error in the pattern though, or else I can't count properly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

*5...Hedera. Beautiful, would look gorgeous in these strappy heels I have.

*4...Red Herring. Classic herring pattern and modelled as a piece of sushi. Rules.

*3...Arisaiq. I love tops that wrap round (flaunt a little cleavage without making my Da squirm) and the pattern for htis one is so delicate looking and hippy. Lovely.

*2...Surf and Turf. A knitted skirt that looks like grass and is surf-tastic?! I am there!

*1...Belle Epoque. Beautiful, feminine, flattering and made specifically to drink tea in. OK, I'm not a huge girly-girl but I could definitely make an exception for this.

Well back to the books. Thank you all for your kind words of support. It will all be over soon and then off home I go. Actually I was wondering if anyone would want to do 'the ultimate travelling during the holidays' blog list...stories, top tips, etc?? Sound any good, oh Mighty Blog Master?




1 comment:

Emily said...

I love Belle Epoque. So soft and lovely and vaguely reminds me of the film to see the name. Love it.
You're reading my mind on the next blog! I thought (and I'll post this here as I'm sure it's super secret) #6 might be "Most Memorable Holiday Experiences." Traveling, family memories, weird things, funny things, sad things- just six memories around the holidays, which I think of as anytime between Thanksgiving and New Year's.
Yoda, I believe, is doing #7, but perhaps you'd like number 5? Wednesday's FOB? Will you be on the road (in the air) by then? And are you going to keep posting from Ireland? Please do!