Saturday, December 16, 2006

FOB 11, 10 AND 9...the ultimate catch-up!

YEAYYYYYYYYY!! It's Saturday and I.AM.SO.TIRED!! But feeling good and glad to be chipping away at the work load. Most of all I am so glad to have half an hour free to blog and catch up with ll these phenomenal lists. I have been having so much fun checking everyones, it has been keeping me sane during the studying. So let's go...

11 Ultimate Christmassy/WIntery/Get me in the mood Films

*11...WIlly Wonka and the Chocolate Factory...the original one. I love Johnny but this one will always rule. I watch it every Christmas without fail!

*10...Mary Poppins. AN interesting choice as it has no connection to the time of year, but again I watch it every Christmas and LOVE IT! Singing a long is the best.

*9...Sleeping Hollow. Tim Burton, Johnny and dark, spookyness. Wintery goodness.

*8...Bridget Jones' Diary. Embarrassed to admit it but I have so much fun watching it and wish that after running after my DB in nothing but my underwear while it's snowing, he would wrap me in his coat and kiss me.

*7...The Nightmare Before Christmas. Priceless.

*6...Die Hard. Just saw it for the first time, DB said it was a sin I hadn't and that it was v. seasonal. Suuuuuuure! Alan Rickman rocks as a baddie!

*5...Grrr, I cant remember the name of it and I have never seen it but I will this holiday. It has Judy Garland in it and she sings 'Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas' which is my FAVOURITE Christmas song, so this one nearly counts.

*4...Edward Scissorhands. Awww the snow angel.

*3...Little Women. THe book even more than the film, 'cause Winona kinda annoys me, but either is good this time of year, with Laurie and the girls bashing about. Too heartwarming.

*2...Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I got given it when DB was over and I just love the wintery scenes so much, I've watched it so many times...and the Yule Ball...well it has got me in the mood this year for sure. Damn Boston and its unseasonally warm and unsnowy weather!

*1...Love, Actually! I don't really know why I love this film so much but it makes me glow from the inside out. First time I saw it I thought it was very sentimental but I love it so much and own it! DB says he doenst watch the film, he likes to watch me watch it 'cause er, I get very animated :)

10 Rules for Happy Living...

*10...The only thing worth fearing in the world is fear itself, because it is truly the only thing that ever holds you back from doing what you want to.

*9...You should do something outside of your comfort zone everyday. Talk to a stranger, walk down a different street, a little change is good for the soul...

*8...Know who your cheerleaders are and check in with them often! Everyone deserves a highkick when they do something great!

*7...Create everyday, it helps you connect to your true self.

*6...Everything in moderation.

*5...I have a 'Happy Box' filled with things that makes me laugh, films that lift me up, memories that warm my heart and an emergency chocolate bar and ball of yarn.

*4...When things are bad, remember 'Even this too shall pass'.

*3...Smiling is the best form of exercise ever.

*2...A hug everyday makes everything a little better.

*1...Remember this life is merely a shell of what true existence is. Enjoy it, appreciate it, but don't worry too much. So long as your heart is in the right place, so is everything else, and the really big adventure comes after!!

This blog is sponsered by the number NINE...

*9...Nine, as the highest single-digit number (in base ten), symbolizes completeness in the Bahá'í Faith. In addition, the word Bahá' in the Abjad notation has a value of 9, and a 9-pointed star is used to symbolize the religion.

*8...In classical music the curse of the ninth refers to the superstition that a composer who writes a ninth symphony will die soon. Beethoven, who left his Tenth Symphony unfinished, is regarded by the superstition as the first victim of the curse.

*7...Nine is the number of Valkyries in Richard Wagner's Die Walküre.

*6...In association football a forward/striker commonly wears the number 9 shirt. For example, Alan Shearer is a famous English footballer who is known as a number 9. Another famous number 9 is Mia Hamm, who has scored more international goals than any other player of either sex.

*5...Someone dressed "to the nines" is dressed up as much as they can be.

*4...In Greek mythology, nine goddesses called the Muses were responsible for inspiring the art of musicians, artists, and writers.

*3...According to Dante's The Divine Comedy, there are nine circles of hell and nine spheres of heaven.

*2... Nine is the atomic number of fluorine.

*1...Six recurring nines appear in the decimal places 762 through 767 of pi. This is known as the Feynman point.

Nine is my favourite number, that was so much fun...and I am a nig nerd and LOVE maths!! Yeay!! All caught up for today. Til tomorrow...

2 comments:

Emily said...

I love these lists! Going in order, LOVE Bridget, love "Nightmare," love Harry anytime of year, and LOVE Love Actually- that was my top too! And the Judy Garland version of "Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas" that's the one that brings me to tears everytime! She has such a rich voice! It's too much- too, too much.

On list 10, I loved #10, 9, 8, 7- OK, I won't keep going. These four were my favs, especially nine and ten which are two things I want to do more.

And list 9- I listed your number 8 too (about the Ninth Symphony curse) and I thought "I wonder if Knatty will put this one too when she sees it?" while I copied it down. How's THAT for knowing your blog friends?

HA! Caught up on your posts!

Unknown said...

Wow! That was the ultimate catch-up- and it sounded like it was fun for you and not just a chore doing it :) I love your lists, because I have alot of "yup" moments when I read them. I have alot of "yup" moments with Em, Ann and Meg as well. I think it's just too cool how we have bonded through this medium...methinks if we were in the same city, we would all be hanging out at the local coffee shop knitting up a storm together, having a grand ol'time :)

I'm so glad you had a few moments to post- I always look forward to what you have to say :)