Friday, April 13, 2007

I gotst tagged

Seven Things To Do Before I Die
1. Go on an Arts retreat and explore my creative with no restrictions or worries.
2. Travel around the world with Kolya.
3. Play at Glastonbury music festival, on the John Peel stage (my biggest musical wish was to be a guest on his radio show until he passed away...great man!)
4. Learn to speak Persian so I can talk to my family and one day visit Iran.
5. Have kids :)
6. Learn to relax and let go more...everything will be OK, I am OK, even when things aren't OK it doesn't as much as you think...because it's OK.
7. Make a living making music...bliss!

Seven Things I Cannot Do:
1. Touch the unglazed parts of pottery. I swear, it is the worst feeling in the world, turns my stomach.
2. Not procrastinate.
3. Not nap on that patch of sun on my bedcover. DB thinks I was a cat in a past life.
4. Keep my desk tidy.
5. Be OK with making phonecalls to people I don't know.
6. Hold a spider.
7. Not smile at someone I am passing on the street.

Seven Things That Attract Me to…...Knitting
1. Colour!!
2. The sense of power that comes from creating something out of nothing. Randomness to order.
3. Making things MY SIZE! Stupid national averages for women...I am not average, I am unique!
4. Being part of a shared history, present and future.
5. Relaxation.
6. The power to express my creativity via a different, more-unusual medium.
7. The sense of achievement and acceptance that knitting offers. My pattern might be wrong, my gauge might be off and I might have droppped 10 stitches but I made it, I still love it and noone tells me off for it. It is only wrong it I think it is wrong and that never happens :)

Seven Things I Say
1. What's the craic?
2. BRILLIANT!
3. Kolya, you Goonesbury!
4. Oopsy...
5. Feck off (er, Irish slang for 'F*#k off' but considered milder...my Ma wouldn't give me a slap for saying it to her)
6. Ah for feck sake (usually directed at knitting...or Kolya)
7. I'll watch the footy with you Kol, if I can knit through it?!

Seven Great Female Artists...
1. Joni Mitchell
2. Carole King
3. The Bangles
4. Norah Jones
5. Dolly Parton
6. Nina Simone
7. Cyndi Lauper

Seven Good Movies:
1. Chocolat
2. Sliding Doors
3. Mary Poppins
4. Shakespeare in Love
5. Love Actually
6. Clueless (will love it 'til my dying day!)
7. The Nightmare Before Christmas

OK, so I changed it slightly, but that was fun :) And now, because all the people I would have tagged on this Brooke already has, I invite anyone who reads this to take it as an official tag and to do this Meme too. Thanks Brooke for the fun. Photos of WIPs, dyeing and fun to come this weekend...TFI Friday is all I can say, this long weekend is needed after the week I have had! :)

4 comments:

meg said...

parisa, i'm the exact same way with pottery. i can't stand it to the point that it pains me.

what a funny meme to read. good stuff.

i also can't stand the sound of someone sanding anything wood, metal, whatever. it kills me.

Unknown said...

What's the craic? Can't wait to say that!!! will they look at me funny, I wonder? :P

Emily said...

I love your list, especially the "why you love knitting" and the movies. Movie-wise, you ARE my sister from another mother!
I love the "playing at Glastonbury Music Festival" goal. I can't wait to see you on stage. Everyone will be screaming "Parisa!" and I will brag to people, "oh that is just my sister from another mother, I call her Knatty." How cool will that be!
Hope you're having a fabulous weekend!

Ann said...

I SO completely agree about the unglazed pottery thing. It used to not bother me too much, bu then, after tiling our two bathrooms' floors and walls when we updated this house, I can't stand dry things that suck the oils and life out of my skin. The grout is what did it to me.
Great list of female artists. Joni Mitchell is amazing. I've been listening to her stuff for years now. A high school boyfriend is who first introduced me to her. I've always found that odd that I learned about her from a male.
Also liked seeing Cyndi Lauper on your list. I wanted to be her when I was in elementary school.
I would have to add Annie Lennox to the list if it were mine.