Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Curl up and Dye!

Lol, there is a hairdressers in the town next to mine at home called 'Curl Up and Dye'...heehee!

I have had colour and dyeing on the brain recently, what with Easter and the riot of colour that it is, and also the article from Knitty that changed my perspective on dyeing yarn. I am so excited to try it. I just received a parcel of virgin yarn I purchased from KnitPicks (what a shop!) and have bought some food colouring and now I just have to go for it. So exciting! What wonderful colourways could I come up with? Or will I just make a big, muddy mess? Either way excites me, mess or no mess. I am also really intersted in incorporate the Project Spectrum colours in a colourway. The colours for the next 2 months are green, yellow and pink...such vibrant, Spring-time colours, and really interesting to work with since pink and green are contrast/clashing colours. I have been trying to find inspiration for colour schemes, and this is what I have come up with so far...

Sweet pastels...

Citrus brights...

Old school cool (who doesn't LOVE the Pink Panther?!)...

Street life...

And natures response (nature always wins in the colourful battle)...


Modern art...

A taste from home...

Kitch classic...

5 comments:

Emily said...

I vote citrus colors or taste from home! Can't wait to see what comes out.
Am going to be old-fashioned and email you for a good long chat. Writing soon!

meg said...

i'm digging the citrus brights, nature, and a taste from home.

hey i grew up with a hair salon named the exact same thing down the street from me.

Unknown said...

Look to your dreams, love. You'll find the best colors there :)Mother nature's not too bad either!

Anonymous said...

ooh, I vote Citrus Brights or Taste from Home. Good luck! (from Your Secret Pal)

Ann said...

I love the tea room picture. Yellow, spring green and grey are one of my very favorite color combinations. In fact, that's why my first, and only credit card has always been a BP card. Those colors just make me feel happy, calm (but not dull) and safe.
Great pictures