Friday, April 20, 2007

Ramblings of a crazy woman

Even though it has been a short week, I am pooped. Really and truely I don't know where all the energy goes but by Friday evening I have none left for myself. I think DB not being here after me getting used to some company and help around the house, is really showing. I miss him really badly at the moment. The shorter periods of time apart are waaaay more difficult than the extended periods. For those you gear yourself up and know that the next visit is too far in the future to really grasp hold of. But less than a week away and I am a jibbering mess. Not cool Knatty, not cool!

And when I am tired and grumpy (that time of the month ladies) what do I want to do?!?! Start more freaking projects rather than finish the ones I have going on now. I am crazy! I have been doing some crochet swatches to try and take the edge off, and also be useful (I am planning to make the 'Violet Beaudegard' skirt from 'Happy Hooker'), but the knitting urge is hard to resist. I want to make little Spring tops and Summer dresses. I especially want to make socks. Socks on the brain. All I want to do right now, as I sit in work not completing the assignment *so* important to the running of my college (NOT!), is cast on some of my newly dyed yarn and knit in circles all afternoon long in the sunshine.

I am going to see my friends band tonight. They have come all the way from Ireland to play a few gigs in NY and Boston. They are called Fred and are just brilliant live. There album is even available on iTunes. Two of the guys from the band I have known since I was little, though they were in the older crowd from me, so I would tag along with them and generally be the annoying little person :) My mother knows all their parents from way back in the Irish Baha'i community. It is so nice to be seeing them here and that they made to effort to contact me and get me in the gigs. Sweet guys. Should be a fun night, though really all I want to do is curl up with my knitting, a good film and a piece of cake...I have some lemon and almond cake from Wholefoods, with a big mug of milky tea = HEAVEN!! You are all more than welcome to come round for a slice :)

p.s. Do you like all the new lists and links on the side bar or is it a little too much? I kind of went nuts the other night.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

I hope your time out is distracting and refreshing... The sidebar looks nice!

Emily said...

I know exactly what you mean about "I need a new project NOW" brain. I've never had so many projects going at once- my Virgo self is going a little nutty from the incompletion.
I know what you mean about the long trips too. When The Hubba goes on work trips it's absurd how silly I get. 'Course I tend to sort it out by watching good TV, eating straight from the carton, and knitting. It sounds like you're on the right track ;-).
Hope the concert was lovely. Have a great weekend!

meg said...

hey lady, hope you got my email about not making it your way on sunday. if not, let me know so i can explain what happened.

Anonymous said...

Hey, wanted to check in on you haven't heard form you in quite sometime. Hope everything is OK. Did you get my new addy? Your sockret reciever.... PS I like the dying. And sorry your boy went back home. Long distance is soooo hard!