Monday, April 09, 2007

I interrupt this broadcast for a special news bulletin...

I have been lying low this week, concentrating on school and enjoying having my DB about. His job unfortunately didn't work out in NY (company were trying to screw him round) but all is not lost as he has contacted some of the other companies he had interviewed with and wanted to hire him, and with a bit of luck he will be employed elsewhere and not be deported! Phew! The stress of it all, but on the upside I have loved having him with me 24/7. I have missed him so much as part of my 'everyday' life.

The knitting has been going really well too. I have finished the first leg of Clessidra and am loving the pattern. I have decided to start the second leg instead of finishing the first sock completely, as I have a sneaky suspicion that I won't have enough yarn to finish both. Looking into purchasing more, silly me not to make sure before I started. I was also prompted to start the second leg after receiving ANOTHER parcel from my secret pal. I swear, she is spoiling me something rotten. She actually made me a 'magic loop' knitting kit, since I mentioned wanting to learn how to knit on 2 circular needles in my SP10 questionnaire. She recommended this as a great place to start and, well, I was powerless to stop myself casting on and trying it out.

The kit included Addi Turbo circular needle (I have never tried these before and really didn't understand what the fuss was about...I get it now!!), a skein of beauiful Lisa Souza purple SOCK! yarn, directions on how to knit socks the 'magic loop way, chocolate and hazelnut tea and a packet of Haribo gummy bears :) I was so happy I immediately knitted a gauge for the SOCK! yarn, just because I wanted to touch it and then, after scouring the net and not finding a pattern that really looked worthy of this gorgeous yarn, I had a brainwave...cast-on the second leg of Clessidra! Needless to say, I am a very happy girl and was all weekend. Thank you so much Pal...YOU ROCK!! Photos to come.

...And now, back to your regularly scheduled programming :)

1 comment:

meg said...

can't wait to see the socks and yarn. you'll have to post some pics.

hope that DB finds a great job soon.