Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A week of knitting in pictures...

...have been doing lots and lots this past week. School has been hectic, planning for Spring break already. Going to Nashville with school to see the industry there, very excited but had to queue at 6am for a spot on the bus going down. Had crazy recording session from 2am-6am...totally didn't make it to morning classes that day :) but had a great time and got lots of work done. DB arrived in on Sunday and brought me so many lovely things from home, including piles of wool I had left behind and tea (YEAY for Irish tea!! my fav!!) and sweeties (candy) from home. He also brought over a gift from my Ma, she made me a pair of turquoise wristwarmers that she crocheted herself and a little hadbag that she bought me to match. Just too lovely, thank you so much Mam and DB!! Having such a good time with him.




Finally got all those lovely things I had ordered for myself. The Classic Knits book arrived and I promptly started a pair of gloves from it that I am making for the Harry Potter KAL that my friend Em is running. They are made with the Yule yarn, dyed by our one and only Brooke, and well made while watching 'The Goblet of Fire' on DVD. I made the right hand that night and am now started the left one. They're called 'Yule Ball' gloves, especially for the Yule Ball in Book 4, to keep ones hands warm on the way to the Great Hall. Snuggly warm, without being bulky...functional chic!


I have also started making this shrug from the Classic Knits book, with yarn I bought from AJ at downwithknittygritty.blogspot.com (I know, I should be making links, but so tired...next time I promise!) She was having a little stash clean-out and was getting rid of some lovely Debbie Bliss Cathay that I snapped up and am now using on this pattern. Very excited!



THEN yesterday arrive the olive green cotton I ordered from Hershnners (bless their sales!) and have decided that it will do lovely in making this wee summer top from the cover of 'Vintage Knits' that Santa/Ma gave me for Christmas. It took every ounce of my will power not to cast-on however as I already have so much on the needles already. Pace yourself, Pari!



And lastly, I finished the first of my pair of wristwarmers and juuuuust love it. Can't wait to finish the last one and then I can wear them proudly round town. Still can't belive that I came up with this pattern myself. I am more than a little proud...oops, hope that doesn't mean I am due a fall soon. Eck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that yarn really turned out to be great for the fingerless gloves/armwarmers.

Sounds like your having an exciting and action packed time. I'll be in touch soon.

-sockret pal

meg said...

oh how i love the cathay. i have that exact color, too. so soft knitted up.

the fingerless gloves from your mom, the gloves you knit and the the wristwarmers are are fab! sounds like you've been super bizzy.

glad DB made it in safely and you are getting to spend some time together. take care and stay warm up there.

Ann said...

You have been a busy bee lately! What a great mom to make you such cool things. (My mom has no interest at all in anything crafty.)
I love the idea of making some gloves out of Brooke's yarn! I'll have to add that to my list of to-dos. I also like that you knitted the Yule colorway while watching Goblet of Fire!
Your first pair of wristwarmers in your own pattern look fabulous - I would be proud to wear them too!