Friday, February 16, 2007

St. Valentine's Day


I am not one for Valentine's Day and neither, thankfully is Kolya, though he is always really sweet and would take me out for a meal. This year due to the horrendous weather in Boston that day we decide to stay in and watch 'The Devil Wears Prada' which he got me as a gift. He also suprised me with a big bunch of lilies. He normally goes for roses on this one particular day, but lilies are my flowers (the pic I have in my blogger profile is a sketch done by my mother called 'Parisa's Lilies' and are of a birthday bunch I got many moons ago). They are in my bedroom right now and are slowly opening. I love it when they are still closed and I get to watch them open as the days pass. They smell gorgeous too, welcoming me home after a day at school. The gift that keeps giving! Well I just wanted to say a big thank you to my wonderful DB and the universe/big-(wo)man-upstairs/karma for allowing someone like him in my life. He makes me so happy! (I'm taking him for a steak dinner tomorrow night!)

And that, my friends, is the mushiest you will EVER hear me be, so enjoy it while you can ;)

2 comments:

Emily said...

I think that's a lovely post- not one mushy thing about it ;-).
GORGEOUS flowers.

Ann said...

THe Lilies are beuatiful - what a sweetie that he got you a flower that you cherish instead of sticking to the old standard. It shows he knows and appreciates you.
Congrats on having such a great guy!