Saturday, February 24, 2007

Project Spectrum 2.0

I was being very unproductive this evening, after having skipped all my classes today and only going to work because I won't be able to make rent 'til another pay cheque comes through, when I stumbled upon this fascinating project. There I was listening to The Garden State soundtrack, being melancholy (as you do when your DB has just left) and waiting for him to phone and say he arrived home safely (which he did!), and the universe (knowing I needed inspiration and a creative jolt) lead me to this loveliness. It is called Project Spectrum and is basically an creative exploration of the colours of the spectrum, with different colours being explored every two months. It looked such an interesting way to explore colour, not only in my knitting and crafts, but just in my everyday life, that I couldn't help but sign up. I am really excited to look more intently at my world and connect to colour on this more conscious level.



And the colours for February and March are BLUE, WHITE and GREY. Very exciting and interestingly enough, colours that I had been attracted to recently. Very wintery and certainly an applicable palette for Boston right now. So here is my first study in blue, white and grey, photos taken from my iphoto file, just whatever I had on hand that fit the bill and tickled my fancy. Included are photos from the Boston Aquarium, the Irish coast, home (the Persian carpet is handmade from Iran, in my parents house) and artwork. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Ann said...

Love the pictures. I've seen project spectrum for a while now and been interested, but not joined up yet. I love seeing what others have done with it.

Was just over at Em's blog and I must say, I love the idea of an imaginary road trip to visit you - whether in the states or the Motherland!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.
-sockret

meg said...

love the pics!