Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Last Supper

It is DBs last night here and we are about to tuck into our last dinner together for awhile. I always find the last night together really hard, not in an emotional way, but I get moody and screw things up by being touchy or sulking or something very silly like that. But not tonight! We decided to not go out like we usually do, but relax, stay in, order nice Thai food and watch films. Bliss!! Oh dear, why does life have to be this way and why does my brain have to be all screwy and want to do stupid things like homework, reading or songwriting on the last chance I'll get to hang out with my best friend for a good while? Hmmm, something's going on there I think...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you feel like if you avoid it you can avoid the "pain" or if your angry with him then you can be glad he's leaving instead of desperately sad.
just a thought
-sockret

Emily said...

I do the same thing and I couldn't tell you why. When there's a parting coming up I tend to get very brisk and business-like, probably to keep from sobbing my eyes out :-). No words of comfort except to point out
you'll be graduating and home in May!

Ann said...

I've always been the same about times like that. I put too much pressure for it to be a memorable time, then screw it up royally by being crazy.
Good idea to just stay in and be low key.