Friday, November 03, 2006

WTF, mate?

To my lovely Knitty Knatty friends, I am so sorry for my extended disappearance but be sure you're sitting comfortably, with your cup of tea...here's the catch up!!

So life has been well hectic these last few weeks. In school-land, it was midterms week this week, so I've been working hard studying for such incredible subjects as Traditional Harmony, Counterpoint and Digital Multitrack Recording. I'm crazy!! But I love it, so what can I do :)

On the knitty-front, I got my first SOCKRET PAL PARCEL a few weeks ago and let me tell you, it freakin' rocked.
Look at all that goodness!! I gotst Burt's Bee Lip Glosses (all different flavours, I'm currently working my way through raspberry), halloween 70% dark chocolate (heaven!) and a skein of hand dyed merino 'Fleece Artist' and a set of bamboo dbl pts to knit it up on!!!!

Seriously, is that not the most goregous colourway you've ever seen! I'm so excited about owning that I have absolutely no idea what to do with it. Any ideas greatly appreciated! Well, there are enough for a pair of socks and I don't own any of my own knitted socks...but I was thinking something a bit groovy, like gloves, but dressy ones...just not sure. But what I am sure about is a love, love, LOVE it and my sockret pal is the ultimate!! Thank you Pal-io!


In other knitting news, I'm working on my pair of socks for my sockret pal, and have decided to do a lovely lilac version of the Knitty pattern 'Pomatomus'. I'm nearly finished the first leg, but either I can't count or there is something wrong with one of the charts in teh pattern, but I've improvised a little. Anyone knit this pattern before, insight or help would be welcome. I've set myself quite a challenge, considering this is only the third pair of socks I've ever knit!


On the home front, I love living with my flatmate, Kaitlyn, and feel that she is too beautiful not to go into this superblog...so here she is...so lovely!


We also invested in an espresso machine not long ago, as we were basically keeping Boston Starbucks in business and blowing our rent there, AND just the other day I made the perfect latte, with the perfect foam top and I just had to share it with you all...I was very proud!


Halloween was a blast. All students were celebrating this weekend, as it fell midweek and conflicted with exams, but that certainly didn't lessen the fun! Friends of mine had a fancy dress party and I went as a 'Grey Angel'...well I just don't think I'm good enough to be a full white one! Think the angels from the film 'Dogma', they're more my style! And its a line from one of my songs (ww.myspace.com/parisar) so it seemed appropriate.


And as promised since I'm posting photos, this one is for you Brooke. I said I'd show you my recent nose piercing and here it is, though now I've swapped the ball for a very fetching little diamond :)

Last but not lest, it is officially the two week count down til Kolya, my lovely, is back in Boston to visit!! YEAY!! Can't wait to see him and hug him and kiss him and knit him...I mean love him! But truly it's going to be phenomenal. He's been having a rough time of it at home and I feel really helpless out here, not being able to help. I can't even be supportive on the phone, I just screw it up, but when he comes over I am going to lookafter him so good and we'll have a lovely thanksgiving here together. Only my third thanksgiving EVER! And on that note let me leave you with a picture of home Kol's Dad took from their garden. It'ss of the lough our village is on and looks across to the Republic of Ireland and the mountain range there. Just so beautiful, it makes my heart feel awful full!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy crap, man- you're back!! haha!! I loooove the nose ring. It looks like it is healing up nicely. Thanks for the pic of it :) Ahhh...you're a Starbucks junkie, too? We would get along famously :) My brother works at Starbucks, so I get the hook-up- tons of free coffee- woo-hoo! (how do you think I get the motivation to do so much?) ...and thank you for the nice words on my yarn- if you give me your favorite color combo, I'll make one just for you :) Consider it an early Yule gift from moi :) I'm waiting to get more superwash, so it will be a couple of weeks yet. Also- you can find that magazine at any yarn store (I think) It is reeeeeally good, so seek it out, young one. hahaha!!

xo

Anonymous said...

and the award for BLOG OF THE YEAR goes too ........ KNATTY KNITTER with 'wtf mate'! a truely stupendous piece of writing giving an excellent insight to the mind and life of the knatty knitter! by far her best work to date! keep writing knattyknitter from your loyal reader anonymous! xxxxxxxx

AJ said...

An espresso machine?! LOL, that kicks ass! (Even if I don't like coffee...ya think they make hot chocolate machines?) Thank you for the comments about the dress. It's for the baby...though she won't be wearing it for a while. The smallest pattern size was for 6 months to 12 months. So I'm thinking it would be a great dress for portraits and maybe her baptism! I rock! :) Hopefully your pal pops back in...I keep hearing about the flakey people and that totally sucks! :( I'll find them and beat them up for you if you want! ;)

Emily said...

Glad you're back! Lots of news! Great pics! Fantastic gifts! And, hands down, the best Bring in Da Noise, Bring in Da Funk Gift Dance I've ever seen.