Thursday, November 16, 2006

Frou Frou

frou·frou also frou-frou (frū'frū) n. 1).Fussy or showy dress or ornamentation. 2). A rustling sound, as of silk.
[French, of imitative origin.]

Since last we spoke many lovely and not so lovely things have happened (mainly homework/school related). I went to an Imogen Heap concert on Saturday night and she RULESSSSSSSSSSSS! for those who don't know her stuff, she's an amazing singer-songwriter, electronica extraordinaire. She was part of the duo Frou Frou (best known for there song 'Let's Go' on the Garden State soundtrack). In concert she was amazing and suprisingly enough I actually got a spot where I could see over everyone (all 5' 1'' of me!) Anyway you must, must, MUST check her out.

I have been very lazy and at many times this week thought about taking photos of my knitting but have never got past the thinking stage. I've started all my Christmas knitting in the vain hope that I might get it all done, not before Christmas day itself, but before my FINALS!! Fat Chance, I hear you say. I know but if you aim for the moon, you land amoung the stars (meaning I might actually get it all done for Christmas day and that would be pretty astounding in itself) So far I have finished one crotcheted scarf and 2 pairs of knitted mittens. Photos to come shortly, I promise. This ofcourse has meant that work on my sockret pal socks has slowed to a snails pace. My poor pal is going to be waiting awhile me thinks.

Today I went ot the Boston Museum of Fine Art (MFA) for the first time since moving here, which is such a crime considering that I get in free as a Berklee student and its 10 minutes away walking from where I live. But better late than never! And it was just wonderful, such amazing artifacts. Didn't even see that much of it as I was only there for an hour but it was fab. Lots of ancient Persian artifacts, all safely behind glass and looked after with the utmost care, yet looking just like the family heirlooms at home that my sibling and I have dunked in tea and dropped on hard wood floors. I think I'll be more careful from now on :) More on the MFA in a later blog...have to learn how to make links on my page first before I can post that one, but its knitting related and will blow your socks off. heehee, I'm such a tease.

And lastly, while I am writing this blog I shoudl really be doing crap loads of homework that I havent done yet. This is like weeks old stuff and I am in so SO much trouble with my teachers over probably. But life is busy and to be honest the things I have been doing in place of the homework are just as, if not more important, and completely related to my major and career choice after. sang backing vocals on a friends album last night and got to see the inside of a professional studio, and watch a master engineer at work. Then ofcourse I shamelessly introduced myself, told him my major and enquired about interning there in the summer. Two birds, one stone, baby! Ofcourse as we were leaving the studio, who was coming in but Bow Wow (aka Lil Bow Wow) laying down some tracks for R Kelly's new album. Not my cup of tea musically, but seriously rich, seriously (MTV) famous.

Well I should go do homework. I need to be a good girl and get everything I possibly can done before Sunday, so I am all caught up and relaxed and have nothing to do because...on Sunday...KOLYA ARRIVES!!! YEAY!!! Darling Boyfriend will be here to visit for a whole 10 days and .I.CAN.NOT.WAIT.!!!! AND he has expressed an interest to learn more knitting...I hope he's not joking, how cool would that be :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang girl you sound busy :) I hope your visit goes well!
Your Pal

Emily said...

I love you asked about an internship- that's so brave! Sorry to sound like a Hallmark, but success is written all over you.
YEA about the fella! Too, too exciting.
Warning- I feel an utter fool talking music to a music major BUT... Have you heard the soundtrack to "Garden State"? There's an artist on there called Frou-Frou! Had to mention it.

Emily said...

Wow about Imogen Heap. Can I get an enormous "duh" please?
Loved the movie and music too- one of my favs. And did you know (I hesitate to say this, with me being the music newbie and you being the genius!) that the people on the soundtrack gave Zach Braff their music to use? Just gave it to him, in return for loyalties, after they screened the film. And then it was one of the top selling soundtracks of the year, I think. HA! I love generous folks.
I'm too excited about the Brooke yarn- big shiver!