Friday, June 15, 2007

WIPed

Yes, that is right. I am WIPed (whipped), heehee. And it is all down to the pattern 'Wisp' in the new issue of Knitty. I have to say that there isn't really anything else in the issue that I think I will make, but as soon as I saw 'Wisp' I fell in love with it and just *had* make it. Er, two days later and I have already completed half of it...



I don't know what has come over me, but a couple episodes of CSI: Las Vegas later and I realise I'm halfway finished. And the lacy is so pretty and open, I can't wait to block it. I don't think mine is as delicate as the ones in the pattern, however. I really want it to look as 'wispy' as possible but I think my mohair might be slightly thicker. I ever went up a needle size to keep the lace loose, even before blocking, but don't know how it will work out. Oh well, atleast a shawl is a shawl, no matter if it matches the pattern or not.



I really want to wear it to DBs cousins wedding in two weeks time. I have a silk print halter dress that is gorgeous but pretty thin for the changable Irish summer, so a little capelet or hood would be perfect for keeping me warm and still classy. Hood or capelet...hood or capelet...so hard to decide...

2 comments:

meg said...

don't fret. when you block it out it will strech and open up some.

it's looking great so far.

Anonymous said...

CSI will drive you to knitting copious amount of wool! carry on cause its looking good!