Monday, June 11, 2007

Birthday Weekend!



The birthday kids at sunrise on Sunday morning...yup, we stayed up that late!



This weekend saw my 22nd birthday on Saturday and the DB's 24th birthday on Sunday, so we have been making a weekend of it and had a party on Saturday night - start the festivities on my bday and end it on his. We had a huge chocolate cake and I even got a hand knitted gift from my dear friend Adrian, who is another avid knitter/crafter and a great singer/songwriter. We had such a great time and now after our lovely weekend we are sitting here watching the basketball (the Spurs are cleanin' up) and I am about to bust out some knitting. It has been awhile since I posted any pictures of my knitting but I haven't really progressed as much as I had hoped recently. Lots of things going on in my life at the moment. Some good, some bad but either way it's nice to always have the knitting there somewhere to relax with.

I also want to say a huge thank you to my secret pal who sent me a lovely birthday parcel, including some KnitPicks Merino yarn in 'moss' (really nice vivid green colour), some lavender bath salts, a travel kit (perfect for when I fly home in a few weeks, hand lotion, eye mask, ears plugs), a copy of Rebecca knit magazine and some really cool stitch markers, all in the cutest brown bag with silver birds on it...perfect for my portable knitting projects. Thank you so much Secret Pal...you rule!

2 comments:

meg said...

happy belated birthday, lady! looks like you had a great time. that picture of you two is great.

i haven't forgotten about our little swap. i'm just extremely busy this summer but we'll definitely get around to it. even if it's after you get back from travel.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good birthday!!

The bath salts are from Good Soapworks of Athens -- Megan who makes them also has a knitting blog, The Knitting Philistine. And the stitch markers are from Entrelac -- they're my favorites. :)

xo, Your Secret Pal