Monday, June 18, 2007

I have a wee problem

And that problem is a severe case of starter-itis. I started yet another project this weekend and I can feel the urge taking hold in my bones. I decided that I had to have a little crocheted halter top for heading home in a weeks time and decided to bust a little stash at the same time, by using the green cotton I had sitting there. It was originally for a little knitted top, but NO, I don't want to knit, I want instant, lacy, loopy gratification. And I know no better medium to satisfy that urge than crochet, and it can be done while sunbathing on the banks of the Charles River any Saturday :)



Well thank goodness for Stitch n' Bitch. I love this series and go back to these books regularly to find new ideas or patterns or just to feel part of something again, a sense of community in a book. And The Happy Hooker is my summer bible right now. There are so many things I want to make in it right now, I hardly know where to start...except that I have started the lace halter top, so there is a start. I finished about three-quarters of it in one day and learned two new crochet stitches to do it. Super productive day me thinks :)

No comments: