Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Summer Knitty

I am so excited! The summer issue of Knitty is just out and I am so happy. And it is a proper SUMMER issue, with lovely patterns for the warm weather. I am really in the mood for something summery on the needles too and I think I know just the project I want to start with. It is called Wisp and it is just gorgeous. A light, lacy shawl that can be used as a caplet, wrap or hood and is easy to knit. I think this is going to be my weekend project. I know I have a pile of unfinished things on the needles right now but I could do with some instant gratification right now, knitting-wise, and with a beach trip planned for this Saturday, it looks like the perfect travelling project...living ofcourse in the new knitting bag my SP sent me (see previous post...thanks SP!).




*Sigh* Isn't it dreamy? I think I want to make it as a hood, in a light, nearly mint green mohair that I have just one ball of and no ball-band to. Perfect! Just need to find some nice, light buttons...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

No comments: