Friday, January 05, 2007

To My Dear Friends...

Hello everyone, hope your holidays have been wonderful and relaxing. I feel this post will be more like a letter than anything else, a letter to my dear friends in blogland that I have so harshly neglected these last few weeks. Thank you for your lovely messages that you left me in my absence. I appreciate it so much and have been feeling guilty about not posting or even finishing the blog-a-long that I had been enjoying so much. Life has been hectic - a phrase I feel I have worn smooth with so much overuse, but please believe me when I say it's true.

The journey home in itself was an ordeal, and ended with me arriving home and promptly getting sick. It was great to get back though!! Christmas was brilliant, it is so nice ot spend these holidays with my little brothers and sisters. They make it magical for me, just by watching their excitment build and being there for them, to take them out and be a big sister to them. I miss them so much. Santa was very good to me this year (normally we don't do presents really, since the Baha'i New Year is really our big celebration) but I got some lovely things, including a big hatbox full of Lush goodies from DB, a pair of lovely trousers from my sis (who would have known she could shop so well for me)and a gooooooooorgeous knitting book from my Ma called 'Vintage Knits' that I like to read and drool over now! Everyone's been so kind :) Not to say that being home hasn't been hard. It is odd slipping back into that spot you left empty, and getting back into the routine of a house, but still.

Ofcourse you know me and no blog would be complete without a good stress! Have been waiting for my grades to come out and to be honest it has really been playing on my mind the entire time I've been home, but I found them out yesterday and while they are not brilliant, I didnt fail anything and should be fine. 2 A grades, 2 Bs, 2 Cs and one D (it was the class I really struggled with so I shouldnt be suprised). But not that the semester has passed and all is said and done I really want to start fresh, find that vigour and love for my subject that I had before and approach next semester with energy and focus. I feel some new year's resolutions coming on...

As for the knitting, I am currerntly working on socks for my mother that were meant for Christmas but never got finished in time so I'm going to give them to her on her birthday next week. I started a jumper from my vintage knits book all excited and didn't gauge or anything and suprise, suprise I have to rip it all out and start again...was too excited from getting the book. Silly Pari!

I have lots of photos to post of the goings on these past few weeks but unfortunatley my lappy needs charged and I forgot my adapter so have to go buy another one. I'm doing this on the family PC and it's all strange not being on a MAC :) Truthfully I have been staying away from the internet and computers recently, partly because I was scared about the whole grades and school thing and wanted distance but also because I think a break every now and then is good for me.

Here's to a New Year, new attitudes, new energy, refreshed, revitlised...to friends and knitting and the fun we have. Happy New Year and many happy returns!!

8 comments:

meg said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Great news on the grades! What a relief. I told you it would all turn out okay. ;) I understand the stress from that, trust me.

What fun gifts and sounds like you're having a great time. Enjoy it as much as you can.

Unknown said...

HOOORAY!! You're back :) I hope you enjoyed your break :) You are wise to take a break from the computer internet thing, now and then. It can start to consume your time. Not saying we didn't miss you :) I just found out the dates my mom and I will be in Ireland- looks like April 18-24. I think we're flying into Shannon? So, I'm thinking you should go home then and we can get together for some tea and knitting and you can introduce my to Shane McGowan...haha!!! (I'm pretty sure you know who I'm speaking of:) Congrats on the good grades- you did great! That D won't mean a thing in a hundred years :)

Emily said...

You're back! Hooray! Don't worry about the lack of blogging; I felt the exact same way about blogging AND knitting- exhausted of both. What fool came up with that FOB Blog-a-long anyway?! ;-)
Rock on Miss A-grades! How very exceptional of you to get sooo many good grades when you had sooo many hours. I'm betting you're a lovely student to have in class.
We're going to need more clarification on this hatbox o' goodies. What exactly is your clever and gorgeous DB giving?! Nosy Knitters want to know!
It is weird having such a big break between blogs. All ya'll bloggy friends- I get used to news every few days- alright I look every day, but I only expect news every few days and it's strange when we have these absences, isn't it? Totally understandable, but nice when you're back in the mix.
Can't wait to see all the pics!

Ann said...

Happy New Year! Glad you had a good trip home. I know what you mean about going back and filling in an old role. It is weird and takes some getting used to.
I wouldn't worry about the grades. I think you did fine - especially considering the number of classes you took! Grades really don't matter much when comes down to it. As long as you passed and learned a little something! (and most of that is gone three weeks after the exams anyway!)

Anonymous said...

Eww, Eww, I use a mac too, although it has been acting up lately. The one thing I could count on when I was in college was spending Christmas break sick. I would have spent all my energy on finals and no matter how good I took care of myslef it seemed I would get sick during break. It was like my body was clensing itself from the past semester!! Hope you are doing well now. Hope school gets off to a good start!

Unknown said...

Parisa...miss you! Hope you are doing well :)

Anonymous said...

Are you back in the US yet? Did you get your package?

Your Pal

Anonymous said...

Alright, I give! How are you? Are you back? We're all curious!
Hope all is well.