Sunday, January 21, 2007

I'M BAAAAAAACK!

It's my first morning back in Boston and sure I couldn't possibly be here and not blog. Would be unnatural. My bed here now reminds me of blogging and the fact I can charge my laptop without the constant worry of frying its insides with all the adapters needed is a blessing. It actually does feel nice being back. I wasn't sure how I was going to react to it. For the first time I really didn't want to leave home (usually you miss it but are excited to return to college too) and, while we are old hands at it now, leaving DB is getting more frustrating the more I do it. I think that is my heart telling me that it could and would do 2-3 years of long distance but now I really need to give it a break and some tlc...from my DB. Anyway enough gushing from me, I know what you really want to see (you don't love me anymore, you just want them!)....PHOTOS!!


My lil sis (not so little anymore, turning 18 soon!! she's still about 4 in my head) and I chilling at the top of the mountain.


Boulder pushing with friends...this particular rock is thought to have been brought here during the ice age...but the Irish know different!! Giants put it there as far as Irish legend is concerned! It's called Cloughmore Stone and 'Cloughmor' in Irish literally translates as 'Big Stone'....Big Stone Stone..lol!






17th century castle on the coast.





The particular day we went out and took these pictures was pretty much the only fine day of the entire holiday. Gale force winds and lashing rain were the staple and I have to say I quite enjoyed it, curled up by the fire, knitting! I pretty much just stayed in Rostrevor for most of my time and chillaxed but DB and I did manage a quick weekend over to London to see his brother and sister and I met up with Berklee friends from there for a big birthday and reunion. Was fab. Shopped, but was very restrained and only bought one skirt and one shirt in the sales and some goodies from Lush (Yes, I know I got a hat box full of the stuff from DB but there was a sale...I couldn't help it...it's an investment!). We also managed to see a show while we were there, Chicago, and, well, I was just blown away. I am not a huge musicals fan (was raised too cynical for all that) but this was fabulous...quite literally 'fabulous', no other descriptive word fits it quite right. The actresses playing Velma and Roxie were amazing, singing and dancing ridiculously demanding routines at the same time (how? HOW?!). It was so clever how they didn't have any different backdrops but the band was on stage and part of the show...more power to the musicians...even the conductor had lines, and gave it a really authentic vaudeville or cabaret feel. I was captivated for the entire thing, such an enjoyable night out.

Ooh, and I got my haircut. I like getting my haircut, it's like a fresh start or mini makeover or something. It's short, up to my shoulders, with layer all round and my hairdresser straightened it for me so I look all sophisticated right now. Just wait til I wash it for the first time and I get my curls back. Will post a photo when I don't look so jetlagged.

It feels like it has all gone so quickly though. Not sure how I feel about school starting again. Please let it be OK!? I have a slew of new years resolutions that I am determined to keep, the most important one being POSITIVE THINKING and doing more yoga, because everything seems to be better after I've meditated.

To my dear Secret Pal, you parcel has definitely arrived and I am going to pick it up tomorrow. So excited to see what goodies you sent me. Thank you so much. Check back tomorrow for pics.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

HOORAY!! You're back! We did miss you, ya know :) Love the pictures! I'm getting so excited about visiting your homeland, my dear! My mom just sent me an Ireland t-shirt to tease me for my birthday! She's getting really excited as well.

I'm so jealous you got to go shopping at Lush...I haven't been in a Lush store since Amsterdam...I have Potion and it smells divine.

Once again- glad you're back :) Sorry it involves missing the DB though :( It'll all be worth it in the long run.

Anonymous said...

good to have you back in bloggy land, glad you made it back to boston in one piece and are able to blog again, what would the world do without a knattyknitter blog to read every now and again! and dont worry im sure your DB will give your poor little heart a hell of alot of TLC when he sees you in a few weeks!

meg said...

glad you made it back safely.

sounds like you had a great time home. love those pictures by the way.

want to see pics of your finds from lush!

Anonymous said...

Halloween wasn’t such a fright
With only grey angels roaming the night
Thanksgiving could have been without flair
Until the angel came out with pie in a square
November’s little package finally hit the mail
Mr. FedEx said you’d have it thru snow or thru hail
December came and went without a peep
Excuse me for that I needed much sleep
Dashing to and fro with family and friends ate up my time
Then we picked up and moved below the southern line
With all the packing and unpacking I lost my wits
But nevermind about all those details and bits
Be on the lookout and take my advice
The mailman will be carrying something quite nice.
XoXo,
your sockret pal

Emily said...

You're back! Yea! I loved the post- it felt as whirlwind as I'm betting your time home felt. Ooh Ireland. Ooh London. I want to go! Shops, musicals, boulder pushing- does life get any better?!
I'm right with you on the haircut. I have ridiculously straight hair, but just got a cut where she did a flat-iron thingy to it and for the whole day I felt exactly like Jennifer Aniston, minus the Brangelina and Courtney Cox connection ;-).
Can't wait for more posts! Good on you with the positive thinking; I'm right with you on that too! AND yoga! I've been getting it in three or four days a week for the last month. It's not pretty, but it's movement and deep breathing at least!
Love your pal! What cute comments.