Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A little chic goes a long way...

Ain't that the truth. A little haircut makes you feel like a new woman, and here are the photos to prove it. In the 'as the hairdresser did it' photo I am also modelling my latest knitting project, a beret I knit at home, from hand dyed wool that was a gift from my mother. She tends to crotchet way more than she knits but we both had a little project on at the same time and could share the fun of it over a cup of tea and a chat. Social knitting the best fun and truely what knitting is about I feel, a community activity if you will. My Ma made a lovely pale pink, cashmere scarf with ruffled ends and I made this little beret to make me feel a little more chic on those cold Boston mornings when I slept in and had no time for coffee ;)



It matches my handbag! YES!


What happens when nature takes over and the hairdresser is long gone!

I would also like to take this opportunity to public say ' MY SECRET PAL IS BRILLIANT!!'. A truely amazingly thoughtful person who put together one of the most impressive parcels I have ever seen. Enclosed was a lovely Christmassy card, and a big Christmas box filled with a 'Stitch n Bitch' Page a day calendar (OMG, I didn't even know they made those!!), a lovely wall calender filled with homely, flower pictures, soap, little notebook and pen AND three...yes, THREE,...balls of the most amazing yarn. Two balls of Plymouth Yarn Cotton in a deep blue colour (yum!) and one ball of Manos del Uruguay kettle dyed wool in a gorgeous purple, plum and pink colourway. And the best bit of all...my pal had already wound them into centre-pull balls for me because she knows I don't have a winder. How thoughtful!! I am touched thank you so much. My camera died during the photo shoot, but I did get the most important photo of the yarn so everyone can see the wonder. Thank you pal! Any ideas on what I should do with these wonderful yarns please let me know.



Lastly, I recently I heard from my sockret pal after a long break and just want to say thank for getting in touch. SHe's amazing, all her notes to me always rhyme, they're so much fun to read. Hope you are well and rested after the hectic holidays...I understand dropping off the face of the earth during the end of December :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

check out the hotness of that knattyknitter, what a haircut, doesnt matter how much it cost, you cant buy gorgeousness like that!(:

meg said...

ahh, you are so adorable in those pics. love the hair both ways and that beret is fab!

wow, you got a huge haul from your secret pal! i'm thinking of doing it again but not sure, yet.

take care lady!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you liked :)

Unknown said...

I LOOOOVE the beret! Do you have a pattern for that or did you just wing it? I'd love to make one today- it's 50 degrees in Miami and we're freezing....shut up, right? Well, it's cold to us!! Your hair looks adorable- I have the same curl issue- The hairdresser does it and it's straight as a pin...I do it and I get curls!!

I would absolutely love to do a dishcloth swap with you :) Will we go by their rules and deadlines? When do we start, when do we finish, and what is our limit? Woo-hoo!! sounds like fun! I need more coffee, can you tell.... :P

Unknown said...

P.S. Thanks for the Happy Birthday :)