Sunday, September 17, 2006

Sock-ret Pal swap!! and the All-Ireland Football Final

I just got into my first swap and I am so excited. It's the Sock-ret Pal Swap and I'll have ot knit someone a pair of socks. I'm alittle nervous about this as I have only ever knitted one pair of socks in my life. Granted they worked out fine and are very loved by their owner (well he is sleeping in my bed so he'd better love them!), it was a test of nerve turning those 2 heels so whoever gets my socks had better appreciate the sweat, blood and tea that went into them. I cant wait for it to begin!!

Also in crochet news, I have finally finished all the granny squares needed to make my bohemian bag and now just have to construct the thing. I have photos that I will post tomorrow or at least at a more sane hour today! I have been itching to knit though, I miss it but was forced to leave all my knittin suppies back home in Ireland due to an excess of new clothes bought while home, leading to limited space in my luggage (damn you Primark!!). What is a girl to do...clothes or knitting goodies?! It's like asking you which of your arms you'd rather not have chopped off!!

My boyfriend is badgering me to go to bed, we're getting up early to go to the North end of Boston to watch the All-Ireland Gaelic football final in a pub, and it'll be so much fun. Gaelic football is the native sport of Ireland and a real man and womans sport (the womans matches tend to be more vicious than the mens!). It makes me miss home, but it's worth it. Kerry is playing Mayo for the honour of calling themselves the best footballing county in Ireland. Quite an achievement when you bear in mind there are 32 counties in the whole of Ireland, North and South. Well I know who I'll be going for, as I proudly come from a Kerry bloodline...my Nana likes to tell me how I could be the Kerry rose in the Rose of tralee contest if I wanted (it's a 'lovely ladies' pagant held in Tralee, Ireland every year and is loved the nation over by grannies!) No chance of me ever appearing in anything like that but I let her dream. So off to bed I go....UP KERRY!!!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Y'know, that's the only bummer about not having television (which I don't). I've never seen a proper football match, and I'm really curious about it! It looks like something I'd really like, but without telly reception, I'm hosed.

Btw, congrats on the new blog. Previous posters are right, it's bloody addictive, and opens up SO many new avenues of stash enhancement, yarn pr0n, etc. Fun!! :-D

Kate said...

Parisa, Send me your email addy when you get a minute..... (designsbykatie(at)hotmail(dot)com. I can't seem to find your email address here!!

Have fun in the North End!!! Talk to you soon!

Rachel said...

I'm sure your socks will be beautiful!