Monday, September 25, 2006

PHOTOS FINALLY!!


PHEW! So here it is my pride and joy...a week ago!! It's now actually finished and lying on the floor of my bedroom, blocking. With any luck you might see finished photos a week from now :)

It's been a busy, busy week. School is 2 weeks in now so the grace period is over and its down to hard graft. I've been in the studios recording so many times already and things are only set to get busier. Also my boyfriend has been staying with me for the last 3 weeks, he came over from home to help me move in, and so I havent really been making time for much else apart from him and doing whatever school work is absolutely necessary. He goes back to Ireland today though. It'll be a hard drop back to reality, I get so used to having him around 24/7. Time to put my creative skills to good use and practice my sock knitting to take my mind off him. Christmas break always comes way sooner than I think it will and then Kol will be moving to NY to work and life will be good - no more long distance, WOOHOO (well technically it still is but, hey, its better than having the Atlantic between you!!)

The only thing that will get me through this week is the thought that I will be finding out who my Sockret Pal is and I honestly CANNOT wait I am so excited. I tried to fill out the questionnaire earlier this week and I don't have a clue what to say...It shouldn't be this hard to describe yourself and your likes and dislikes. I find myself to-ing and fro-ing on things, I seem to like everything and am mortally afraid of being pigeon-holed. When did I get so worried about how other people see me? Very scary!

And speaking of being pigeon-holed, I got my nose pierced yesterday (noone tell my parents!!). I thought people would be shocked or wonder why I did it, but today NOONE has noticed and when I point it out they're like "wow, it just looks like you were born with it. I was going to say something but then I thought you had always had it done!" (however I go to a contemporary music school so nose piercings are childs play round here!) Maybe it doesn't colour a persons opinion of you as I thought it did. That's probably just my parents opinions screwing me up :) I'd love some thoughts though from others out there...What do you think of piercings and tattooes and the like? Does it make a difference to how you view the person? I'm worried people wont take me as seriously and my Ma always said that as a musician (singer/songwriter) I would be alienating potential audiences.

OK, after reading that all back I cant believe how insecure I sound and for the record I must say it really suits me, I've wanted it for awhile now, Kol loves it and I've no regrets!! I will try to get a pic up ASAP and stop writing these epic blogs about very little :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I say good for you! Pierce away and make sure you post pics! I have had 11 piercings (I don't wear them anymore though) and 6 tattoos (which I still wear proudly :) The fact of the matter is that people are always going to judge you, and form their own opinions based on your outer appearance no matter what. There is always going to be something that someone out there in the world doesn't like or approve of about you. Alternative lifestyle choices are not so "weird" anymore, but they are still not considered mainstream. So,you have two choices: you can be ashamed, embarrassed, etc and spend all of your energy on worrying about what others think, or you can be proud of your choices and everything that represents yourself- physical, spiritual and emotional. If someone judges you- let them- they're only working through their own fears and discovering who they are. Hopefully a positive will come out of it and they'll make a change in how they view others, becoming more accepting, making the world a kinder place to live in. If they choose to stay uptight and negative, well, that's their shit to deal with and they can just piss off :)The moral of the story- be yourself, be proud of what you do, because you will make the right choices. Whatever you choose to do, represent yourself well, be able to "walk the walk." You are a teacher of others, whether you realize it or not. Now let's all say it together...one, two, three...longwinded!! hahaha!

Hope you're having a great day!